Saturday, May 30, 2015

Exchange with Lunares – “We are like the universe like islands in the sea . . .”

  Lunares – these last posts are super interesting Dana, I like them so so so much. Reading texts like this, I always think how different is Christianism and Buddhism in this point of view about the universe. That's why many times I think I'm very next to Buddhism although I have been educated like Catholic but Catholic does not teach some feelings I can feel: I always feel we are in the universe like the islands in the sea, if you watch the sea, you can see islands and islands, they look like different islands among themselves but if you remove all the water of the sea, you can see that the islands are all the same thing because they all are the same Earth. I think that's what happens with us but, because of some reason, for many people is very difficult to feel it.

  Deep and heartfelt appreciation for this beautiful response, querido Lunares. I hope you will not object if I make this today's post at Ancestral Well. It is indeed wondrous for one to see and feel, and realize different views discovered in our spiritual journeys – not necessarily "opposing" – just different – and wonderful to discover how we feel about them and their meaning in our lives, today, here and now. Your metaphor of the "universe like the islands in the sea . . ." is truly profound. (If only we could add this to The Threefold Lotus Sutr – it would certainly enhance the teachings of the Buddha. You are a wonderful man! and I'm privileged to know you.
  Agradecimiento profundo y sincero por esta hermosa respuesta, querido Lunares. Espero que no se opondrá si hago el post de hoy en esta Ancestral Bueno. De hecho, es maravillosa para que uno ve y siente, y se dan cuenta de los diferentes puntos de vista descubiertos en nuestros viajes espirituales – no necesariamente "oponerse" – simplemente diferente – y maravilloso para descubrir cómo nos sentimos acerca de ellos y su significado en nuestras vidas, hoy, aquí y ahora. Su metáfora del "universo como las islas en el mar..." es verdaderamente profunda. (Si sólo pudiéramos añadir esto a la Triple Sutra del Loto. Que sin duda mejorar las enseñanzas del Buda Usted es un hombre maravilloso y yo soy el privilegio de conocerte!

  Super super super interesting!!!! Yes Dana: finally, I can see how the new theories o physics known as “unified theories” are arriving at the same point of Buddhism: we ARE the universe, we are the same thing!!!

  Ah, mi querido Lunares, now you are with me in spiri – only it is really 1982 when I first began to discover these connections with the Buddha's teachings. At that time, had you been looking over my shoulder, I might have arrived where I find myself today much quicker!

  Ah, mi Lunares Querido, ahora están conmigo en espíritu – sólo es realmente 1982, cuando empecé a descubrir estas conexiones con las enseñanzas del Buda. En ese momento, había estado buscando por encima de mi hombro que podría haber llegado a donde me encuentro hoy mucho más rápido!

No comments: